Types of Nerve Damage
The body has three main types of nerves:
- Autonomic nerves: These regulate the body's voluntary or partially voluntary activities, such as regulating our temperature or blood pressure.
- Motor nerves: These are the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to the body's muscles and control movement.
- Sensory nerves: These nerves send signals back to your brain from your skin and muscles. They are responsible for your ability to feel pain and different sensations.
Symptoms of Nerve Damage
Damage to each of these types of nerves produce certain symptoms, which may include:
- Some symptoms of damage to the autonomic nervous system include too much or too little sweating, being unable to feel pain in the chest, dry eyes and mouth, or lightheadedness
- Damage to the motor nerves can result in weakness, deterioration of the muscles, twitching, or paralysis among other symptoms
- When the sensory nerves are damaged, a person can experience tingling or prickling sensations, numbness, burning, or problems understanding what position you or parts of your body are in
Reasons For Nerve Damage
There are many reasons for damage to the nerves. However, if the damage is caused by the negligence of another person, whether a drunk driver, an improperly made machine or device, a toxic substance, a medical mistake, or any number of other reasons related to someone's or some company's failure, you may want to seek the services of a personal injury attorney.
Damage to the nerves has the potential to seriously interfere with or devastate a person's life. The more severe the damage and resulting effects on the body, the more the victim should be compensated.
Experienced Nerve Damage Lawyers
If you or someone you know has had serious nerve damage, you should seek the services of experienced lawyers who successfully represent personal injury patients. Our lawyers at Pfaff, Gill & Ports, Ltd. are just such personal injury attorneys.
Who We Are
Our practice includes three lawyers and five support staff. We have successfully represented hundreds of clients suffering from personal injuries, including nerve damage. As only one example, a woman in a car that was rear ended suffered severe nerve damage as well as other devastating injuries. Our attorneys represented her and were able to obtain a $14,500,000 verdict.
If you or someone you know has suffered serious nerve damage, we would be happy to offer you a free consultation to discuss the details of your situation. Contact a nerve injury lawyer today.