We are a eight-person office dedicated to providing the best possible representation for people injured or killed by wrongful conduct. The practice was founded in 1991 by Bruce Pfaff and has expanded to include two shareholders, lawyers Michael Gill and Matthew Ports, an associate lawyer, Emily Herrell, and four excellent support staff members. We pride ourselves on being superb trial lawyers who know how to prepare cases thoroughly and quickly.
We know that swift justice is far better for our clients than a slow march through the court system. We try whenever possible to avoid litigation delays and to advance our clients' interests so that the case can be tried or settled promptly. Our clients appreciate our goal to cut months off the average time to trial in the jurisdictions where we practice.
We charge no fee at all for initial consultations. Because of our size and philosophy, we are usually able to reduce litigation expenses and attorneys' fees for our clients. We are experienced and have achieved excellent results in these types of cases: product liability, medical malpractice, cerebral palsy/birth injuries, motor vehicle accidents, amputations, burn injuries, hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), professional negligence, brain injury, spinal cord injury, construction accidents, sexual assault, truck crashes, personal injuries, and wrongful death.
- Bruce Pfaff to Participate in Future of Illinois Courts Conference
Bruce Pfaff was invited by the members of the Illinois Supreme Court to participate in a conference on the Future of... read more
- Medical Malpractice Case Verdict: Client Awarded Over $12M
J.G. v. Advocate Christ Medical Center - $12,261,171 jury verdict for the estate of a 49 year-old man who died... read more
- Bruce R. Pfaff Accepts Invitation to Become a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers
?Bruce R. Pfaff has accepted the invitation to become a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. The... read more
- D.S. v. MiTek Industries, Inc. v. C.I.T. Industries, Inc., $13,544,172 verdict for 19-year-old man who suffered an above knee amputation of his leg while working on MiTek Roof Glider machine.
- R.B. v. Garage Door Manufacturer $9,000,000 settlement for the family of a 4-year-old boy who suffered brain injuries after being trapped under a garage door.
- L.C. V. Ford Motor Co.
$14,500,000 verdict for a woman who became paraplegic when her 1991 Ford Explorer was rear ended.
- K.B. v. Kim
$30,000,000 jury verdict for a six-year-old girl who suffered cerebral palsy due to a delayed emergency cesarean section delivery.
- D.B. v. Advocate Medical Group, S.C.
$10,500,000 jury verdict for a 72-year-old woman who suffered an above knee amputation of her leg due to a failure of the emergency room doctor to diagnose bacterial cellulites.