Catastrophic injuries in automobile accidents can be lessened or avoided if a car is safely designed. If you believe that an unsafe design caused or contributed to your injury, you may qualify for financial compensation. Auto manufacturing companies have a responsibility to keep consumers safe, and when something goes wrong with an auto part, they can and should be held accountable.
The Chicago auto accident lawyers at Pfaff & Gill, Ltd. are dedicated to holding auto manufacturing companies accountable for unsafe designs, manufacturing defects, and defective auto parts. To schedule a free review of your case, please contact us today.
Types of Unsafe Designs
Serious injuries or death may result from all types of unsafe designs. Examples of these defects include:
- Narrow tracks or distance between the wheels on the passenger side and the driver side of the car — many older model SUVs have this problem, which can lead to rollover accidents causing serious injuries or death
- High center of gravity — hundreds of vehicles on our roads, especially older SUVs and vans, have high centers of gravity, which can cause rollover accidents
- Airbags that don't work or injure passengers when they do
- Roofs that are poorly reinforced or lack rollover bars, leading to crushing injuries of those in the vehicle during an accident
- Defective fuel and heater systems that cause fires
- Door latches that fail
- Sudden acceleration causing the driver to lose control
- Seatback and headrest failures
- Seatbelts that don't work properly during an accident— poor design has caused seatbelts to unlatch during accidents, leaving passengers unrestrained and vulnerable to severe or life-threatening injuries if ejected
- Tire blowouts can cause the driver to lose control of the car, and possibly lead to severe injury and death
Auto Design Defect Attorneys
The Chicago auto accident lawyers at Pfaff & Gill, Ltd. understand how mechanical defects in a vehicle can cause permanent injury or death in drivers and passengers. They have successfully pursued cases of unsafe designs and fight to hold manufacturing companies accountable for the harm caused to their clients.
Pfaff & Gill, Ltd. has recovered millions of dollars in damages for individuals who have been seriously injured in car accidents. If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident caused by poor vehicle design, you should contact an attorney at Pfaff & Gill, Ltd. for experienced and dedicated legal representation.