Spinal cord injuries have the ability to affect every aspect of a person’s life. These injuries are severe and come with harsh consequences including loss of movement, permanent disabilities and loss of feeling. If you’ve suffered an injury to the spine in a Chicago accident, you may qualify to seek compensation. To find out if you have a legitimate legal claim, contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Pfaff & Gill, Ltd.
Symptoms of Spinal Cord Injuries
People who suffer from injuries to the spine may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Inability to move
- Inability to control the bladder or bowels
- Loss of feeling
- Chronic and intense pain caused by nerve damage
- Difficulty breathing
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
When a person suffers a spinal cord injury as a result of another person’s wrongdoing, he or she can and should seek justice via a personal injury lawsuit. Causes of spinal cord injuries may include:
- Car, truck or other motor vehicle accident
- Medical mistakes including surgical errors
- Physical assault including domestic violence
- Workplace accidents such as a construction site accident
Spinal cord injuries are very serious injuries that can change a person’s life forever. At Pfaff & Gill, Ltd., we have extensive experience handling personal injury cases that involve injuries to the spine such as those involving paralysis. If you believe you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury as a result of another’s wrongdoing, we can help you seek compensation to help you with the many challenges ahead.
Compensation May be AvailableDamages associated with spinal cord injuries are severe. At Pfaff & Gill, Ltd., we will commit ourselves to fighting aggressively to help you and your family recover the compensation you need to deal with damages, such as:
- Financial damages associated with medical costs, treatment costs and medical equipment such as a wheelchair
- Other financial losses such as an inability to pursue a normal course of employment
- Emotional pain and suffering associated with a decreased quality of life and loss of ability to engage in normal social activities
If you or someone you love has been affected by a spinal cord injury, contact Pfaff & Gill, Ltd. for help today.